Who We Are
VADO (a division of Norcros Group (Holdings) Ltd) (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
VADO’s registered office is at Ladyfield House, Station Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 1BU and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 566694. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number ZA028267 and act as the data controller.
Information that we collect
VADO processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from you as a user of VADO’s online services is
- Personal and/or business email address
- Home address and/or business address
- Contact phone number(s)
- Credit card details
- Purchase information
- IP address
We collect information in the below ways: –
- Your name, address, email address and contact numbers will be collected when you fill out the contact form(s) on our website(s).
- Your name, address, email address and contact numbers will be collected when you fill out the printed catalogue request form on our website.
- When you interact with VADO through the forms, including the Contact Us and Printed Catalogue Request, you will be sending an email to VADO.
- Your name and email address will be collected when registering for a My Choices account on our website.
- Your name, business address, email address and contact numbers will be collected when you register for an account on our website.
- Your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card details will be collected when you place an order on our Spares Shop.
- Your name and email address will be collected when subscribing to our newsletter via the VIV app on iOS or Android.
- When you contact VADO through any of the social media channels, we will require you to agree to providing us with your email address and contact phone number.
- If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored and shared internally within VADO to get the best response, but it will not be shared with any other organisations.
- When you interact with VADO by contacting us by email or for employment opportunities that require you send through a CV, you will be sending an email to VADO.
- Your IP address will be collected when you visit our website(s).
If you are under 16 years of age, you MUST obtain parental consent before providing any personal information to us.
Whilst we will take all reasonable efforts to protect such personal data, you acknowledge that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data provided by these means and you provide it to us at your own risk.
Once received, we have several layers of security measures in place covering the storage and disclosure of your personal data to prevent unauthorised access. If, despite our security precautions, personal data is inadvertently disclosed, we shall use all reasonable endeavours to limit and remedy the disclosure.
How We Use Your Personal Data
VADO takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclosure, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice.
Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- Providing access to browse our site(s)
- Allowing you to place orders, receive deliveries, book engineer appointments and contact us via email
- Allowing the website to improve your visit by remembering you (using cookies)
- So we can carry out anonymised analysis of visitor and site data
- Contacting you regarding our goods and services
- Responding to your enquiries or processing your requests in relation to your information
- Administering and maintaining our customer records
- For system administration and to monitor your usage of the site(s)
- To meet our legal obligations for business accounting and tax purposes
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. VADO uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We use Google Analytics to provide anonymised statistics for website performance, visitor numbers and order conversion rates.
For more information about Google Analytics, please read their Privacy Notice here:https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
VADO takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including having SSL certificate to protect our website(s).
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to VADO, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services or deliver your products, we will not be able to offer some/all of our products or services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
VADO only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will usually be stored within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, if you live or work outside of the EEA, we may need to transfer your personal data outside of the EEA in order to provide our services to you. Where this applies, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Marketing Promotions & Offers
Occasionally, VADO would like to contact you with details of the new product/special offers/services/competitions/newsletters and promotions we provide. If you do not consent to us using your contact details for these purposes, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe options or by contacting
Lodging A Complaint
VADO only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the supervisory authority.
You can contact us to lodge a complaint using the following details:
Telephone: 01934 744466
UK Supervising Authority
Information Governance department
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
This site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a number of anonymous cookies in order to evaluate your use of the site and compile reports for us on activity.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. For more information on the cookies set by Google Analytics please CLICK HERE