Terms and Conditions
In these conditions ‘the Company’ shall mean VADO, a division of Norcros (Holdings Limited), ‘the purchaser’ shall mean the person, firm or company to whom any quotation is addressed or with whom any contract is made and ‘the goods’ shall mean the goods and/or services agreed to be sold by the Company to the purchaser.
- QUOTATION AND ACCEPTANCE
- All quotations are given and all orders are accepted on these terms which shall apply to the exclusion of and shall override any other terms stipulated or referred to by the purchaser whether in its order or any other document, or in any negotiations or communication or course of dealing established between the Company and the purchaser;
- No modification or amendment of these terms or addition thereto shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by a director of the Company.
- DESCRIPTION OF AND STATEMENTS AS TO GOODS
- Save where the goods are stated to be sold as complying with a recognised trade or industry standard, all descriptions, specifications, drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions submitted by the Company or otherwise contained in the Company’s catalogues, brochures, price lists, quotations and publicity materials are approximate only and the Company shall not be liable for their accuracy unless they are expressly incorporated into the contract in writing;
- These terms represent the entire agreement between the Company and the purchaser relating to the goods and such terms supersede and the purchaser shall not place any reliance upon any statements, recommendations and advice whether oral or in writing given (whether before or after the acceptance by the Company of the purchaser’s order) by the Company, its servants or agents as to any matter relating to the goods save where such statement, recommendations or advice is given in writing and signed by a director of the Company in response to a specific written request from the purchaser before or at the time of the Company’s acceptance of the order.
Prices quoted by the Company are those in effect at the date of quotation. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Company reserves the right to increase prices when it accepts the purchaser’s order so as to reflect one or more of the following:
- any variation that may have occurred in the costs of labour, materials, suppliers overheads and transport;
- any change in duty, tax, surcharge or levy of any kind whatsoever affecting the sale price of the goods;
- any cost to the Company resulting from delay by the purchaser in giving to the Company information sufficient to enable it to supply the goods or provide the services or resulting from any alteration made at the request of the purchaser in the specification of the goods or in the place to which they are to be delivered or shipped;
- any extra cost to the Company resulting from the goods being carried at the request of the purchaser by mode of transport more expensive than the Company’s normal form of transport.
- The Company shall be entitled to charge interest on any part of the price which is not paid in accordance with clause (a) at the rate per annum of 3% above the Base Rate of Lloyds Banking Group from time to time;
- Time of payment is of the essence and if the purchaser defaults in punctual payment of the price the Company shall be entitled to terminate the contract and recover the goods at the purchaser’s expense without prejudice to any further rights which the Company may have;
- Any default in payment of an invoice or an installment payment on an invoice on the due date shall render the entire balance outstanding on all invoices from the Company to the purchaser immediately payable in full without demand being made notwithstanding any contrary provisions as to terms of payment in any one or all invoices;
- If the purchaser fails to give all instructions reasonably required by the Company and all necessary document, licences, consents and authorities for forwarding the goods or is unable to accept delivery of the goods at the time when the goods are due and ready for despatch or delivery or shall otherwise cause or request delay, the purchaser shall pay to the Company all costs and expenses, including storage and insurance charges incurred or arising from such delay during which, at the Company’s absolute discretion if its storage facilities permit, the goods will be stored at the purchaser’s sole risk. This provision shall be in addition to and not in substitution for any other payment or damages for which the purchaser may be liable in respect of his failure to take delivery at the appropriate date;
- The purchaser shall not be entitled to make any deduction from the price of goods which have been delivered to the purchaser in respect of any set off or counterclaim unless both the validity and the amount thereof have been expressly admitted in writing by the Company and such admission is signed by a director of the Company;
- In the absence of any specific appropriation by the purchaser, the Company shall have the right to appropriate any payment made by the purchaser towards the satisfaction of any invoice outstanding from time to time as the Company shall in its absolute discretion think fit.
- Any time or date stated for delivery is given and intended as an estimate only and the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from any delay in delivery howsoever arising;
- Unless otherwise stated in writing delivery shall be deemed to take place upon the occurrence of the first in time of the following, namely:
- the physical delivery of the goods to the purchaser at the Company’s works;
- the physical delivery of the goods to the purchaser’s carrier or agent for the purpose of transmission to the purchaser or his nominee;
- the physical delivery of the goods to the purchaser’s place of business or such other place as he may direct by the Company, its carrier or agent, the purchaser being responsible for unloading;
- Signature of the Company’s delivery note by any employee, representative or agent of the purchaser shall be conclusive proof of delivery;
- Where the contract provides for delivery by the Company, its carrier or agent:
- any claims for non-delivery must be made in writing to the Company within three days of receipt of invoice or advice note whichever is the earlier;
- any claims in respect of goods damaged in transit or shortages in delivery must be made in writing to the Company within three days of delivery;
- shortages in delivery shall not give rise to a right to reject the goods delivered;
- The Company shall be entitled to make partial deliveries or deliveries by instalments and all the provisions of these terms shall apply to such deliveries
- PROPERTY AND RISK
- Risk in the goods shall pass to the purchaser at the time at which delivery takes place in accordance with clause 5 above and the purchaser shall be solely responsible for insuring the goods thereafter;
- The Company shall retain ownership of and title in the goods delivered until full payment has been made in respect of all such goods. Until such time the goods shall be:
- stored separately from other goods in the possession of the purchaser;
- marked or otherwise rendered identifiable as being the property of the Company;
- held by the purchaser as bailee of the Company;
- held by the purchaser free from any charge, lien or other encumbrance;
- Provided the Company has not requested their return and notwithstanding that payment in full has not been made for all of the goods delivered,the purchaser as principal and not as agent for the Company shall be entitled to use the goods or offer for sale and sell them in the ordinary course of his business;
- Where the purchaser sells the goods prior to paying for them in full:
- the Company shall be legally and beneficially entitled to the proceeds of sale;
- the purchaser shall hold the proceeds of sale on trust for the Company and shall not mingle them with other monies and shall not pay them into an overdrawn bank account;
- he shall deposit the proceeds of sale in a separate bank account, the location and number of which he has previously notified to the Company, and he shall not be entitled to use or deal with the proceeds of sale until payment in full for the goods has been made to the Company;
- The Company shall have the right at any time by its servants or agents to enter the purchaser’s premises where the goods are stored, or are though the Company to be stored, so as to:
- retake possession of the goods when the Company has requested their return and the purchaser has not immediately complied with the request, such retaking or return to be without prejudice to any other rights the Company may have arising therefrom;
- inspect the storage of the Company’s goods which have not been paid for in full;
- investigate and ascertain whether all these terms are being complied with;
- INDEMNITY AS TO INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The purchaser shall indemnify the Company against all loss, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by the Company or to which the Company may become liable as a result of any work carried out in accordance with the purchaser’s specification(s) which involves infringement or alleged infringement of a patent, registered design or other industrial property right;
- If the purchaser uses or sells the goods in such a manner as to infringe any such rights the company shall not be responsible for such infringement and the purchaser agrees to indemnify the Company from and against all liability arising therefrom.
The Company shall have the right forthwith to cancel the purchaser’s order if any of the following events occur and subject to enforcement of the Company’s rights to recover the goods and to receive payment of the price or damages, the contract shall be deemed to have terminated:
- the purchaser commits any breach of its obligations to the Company;
- any distress or execution is levied upon any property of the purchaser;
- the purchaser makes or offers to make any arrangement or composition with creditors or commits any act of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- any resolution is passed or petition presented to wind up the purchaser;
- a receiver or administrator is appointed or any chargee takes possession of all or any part of the undertaking or assets of the purchaser;
- the purchaser stops payment or ceases or threatens to cease to carry on its business or to pay its debts as and when they fall due;
- any remittance for payment of the whole or any part of the purchase price of the goods is dishonoured by the purchaser’s bankers.
- The purchaser shall not assign or transfer or purport to assign or transfer any contract to which these terms apply to any other person without the Company’s prior written consent. The Company reserves the right to subcontract the performance of the contract or any part of it.
- FORCE MAJEURE
- If the Company is prevented or delayed (directly or indirectly) from making delivery of the goods or any part thereof or from otherwise performing the contract or any part thereof by reason of war, embargo, riot, strike, lock-out, trade dispute, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery, inclement weather, interruption of transport, Government action, delay in delivery to the Company of any goods or materials, or by any cause whatsoever whether or not of a like nature to the aforegoing) outside its control, it shall be under no liability whatsoever to the purchaser and shall be entitled at its option either to cancel the contract or without any liability to extend the time or times for delivery by a period equivalent to that during which such delivery has been prevented.
- PROPER LAW
- The contract and these terms shall be governed by English law and the purchaser shall submit to the sole jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Replacement Parts Policy
It is the policy of VADO to maintain parts availability for the duration of production and a period of 5 years thereafter in accordance with industry standards.
Spare parts can be ordered by telephoning VADO Customer Service Spares Department on 0844 980 0748. Payment should be made by credit / debit card (excluding American Express or Diners Card). Payment can also be made by pre-payment of a pro-forma invoice, by cheque or postal order.
Telephone orders are based on information given during the call. Before contacting VADO, please verify your requirements using the information contained in the user guide. VADO cannot accept liability for incorrect part identification.
Extended Warranty – Showercare Service
An extended warranty is initiated through product registration and via a series of offers (these can be delivered by post or electronic media). Each offer has a specific expiry date and is an invite to take up an extended warranty. An offer can be withdrawn by VADO at any time. Once the expiry date has passed, the offer is void and a policy can no longer be purchased. Claims for a deadline extension due to undelivered mail will not be considered.
Providing the product is within cover (see exclusions below) VADO will repair, or replace at our option, your product should it break down. The repair costs under this agreement will be limited to the original purchase cost or the cost of an equivalent current production unit. At our discretion, unit replacement may take into consideration service life or wear and tear factors. In the rare event of spare parts becoming unavailable (or a suitable alternative product) the remainder of your policy will be refunded in line with the cancellation policy below.
All repairs must be carried out by a VADO appointed representative and booked directly through VADO.
The unit must not have been taken apart, modified or repaired except by a person authorised by VADO. The unit must have been installed, maintained and operated in accordance to the operating instructions for the duration of the agreement.
What is not covered?
Breakdown due to:
- use other than domestic use by you or your resident family
- wilful act or neglect
- any malfunction resulting from the incorrect use of electricity, gas or water or incorrect setting of controls
- failure to install in accordance with the installation guide
- Repair costs for damage caused by foreign objects or substances
- Total loss of the product due to non-availability of parts
- Compensation for loss of use of the product or consequential losses of any kind
- Call out charges where no fault has been found with the appliance
- Call out charges where the water supply cannot be isolated, this includes consequential losses arising from unserviceable supply valves.
- The cost of the repair or replacement of pressure relief devices, showerheads, hoses, riser rails and/or wall brackets, isolating switches, electrical cable, fuses and/or circuit breakers or any other accessories installed at the same time.
- The cost of routine maintenance, adjustments, overhaul, modifications or loss or damage arising there from, including the cost of repairing damage, breakdown, malfunction caused by corrosion, furring.
Are there any other limitations?
The agreement is limited to the UK, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man only. It does not apply in the Channel Islands.
You cannot transfer the agreement to someone else without the prior permission of VADO. An administration charge for the transfer of ownership may be levied.
If a settlement is made against the product, including replacement, under this agreement because it is considered uneconomical or not possible to repair then:
- VADO may take possession of the product and dispose of it;
- The agreement will be cancelled.
Should the value of claims against the product exceed the agreement value, VADO reserves the right to render the agreement null and void giving prior notification.
This agreement is restricted to units used for domestic use only and does not apply to commercial installations or property used for financial gain.
Providing inaccurate, false or misleading information will immediately render this policy void.
How to obtain a repair
If your product breaks down, please contact our repair network on 08449 800 748. Providing the repair falls within the scope of the cover you will not be charged.
Please remember to advise the agents that you are covered by the VADO SHOWERCARE Service and quote your agreement number at all times.
You can cancel this agreement within 45 days of issue, providing no claims have been made.
Should you decide to terminate the policy after the initial 45-day period has expired, you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund for every complete month.